It's official- we are now the proud owners of yet MORE cats! Yea- the title of "crazy cat lady" is starting to fit more and more these days.

One of the strays we acquired last summer broke the law of chastity and ended up preggo. Can you believe it? Good old Lola has lived up to her name. Karli named her well and often seranades her with Barry Manilow's "Copacabana". You know--"Her name was Lola- she was a showgirl. " I prefer to sing "Whatever Lola Wants- Lola Gets" from the musical "Darn Yankees"(sorry no vulgar language on this blog- ordered by the man who still substitutes "hades" for a similar "bad" word in the scriptures). Either way- showgirl or vixen- Lola fits the bill. Our eyes did not deceive us and we soon could tell that Lola was indeed pregnant.
When we left for Texas to Mom's funeral, she was waddling all over our backyard. When we returned she was her sleek, slender self again. But no kittens. We searched high and low- Karli was disappointed and I--as evil as it sounds- I was relieved. I figured she must have gone off and deserted them.
When we left for Texas to Mom's funeral, she was waddling all over our backyard. When we returned she was her sleek, slender self again. But no kittens. We searched high and low- Karli was disappointed and I--as evil as it sounds- I was relieved. I figured she must have gone off and deserted them.
However, my relief was a bit too soon. Just in time for Mother's Day, Gary found them behind the shed when he went to mow the lawn. Karli was ecstatic and I was-- well- NOT. Five! Five little bundle of fur boogers...and like any good little bundle of fur they have sucked us in. We are trying to "tame" them so that they can be adoptable. Which means we hunt for them all over the backyard, as Lola likes to move them multiple times a day. When we find them we coax them out and try to pet and hold them. After days of hissing at us and stamping their little paws- we have made a some progress. We have held them and they have just started to eat real cat food.
Just look at all those blue eyes!
Lola with her gang
Unfortunately, the little orange one in the front of the photo above had a close encounter with the pool sometime last Saturday and is no longer with us. I actually felt sad about that. Anyway in about one week these little guys will be ready to move on and Lola will become a respectable lady with the help of our vet. Spay day is already scheduled.
Bet you can't resist these little guys...anyone want their own little bundle of fur?
Anyone...anyone...PLEASE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment