Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy 30th!

We thought that when school got out we would have some R&R. We couldn't be more wrong. Since then it's been BUSY! So I'm playing catch up on the blog this week with all the fun events that have happened since then.

On June 2nd we Gary and I marked 30 years of marriage! Whoa- hard to believe! It feels like just yesterday we were here:
For our 30th wedding anniversary portrait we decided to scrap the veil and suit and went with a more casual theme. Gary, in particular, went for quite casual. I promise you- he does have pants on! Gary surprised me with a beautiful pearl necklace and earrings. He even did his research discovering that pearls were the traditional gift for 30 years of wedded bliss. I was impressed!He took me to dinner at our favorite spot -Red Robin. I woke up really sick the next day and suspected food poisioning. I wondered if Gary thought 30 years of me was enough and spiked my food, but I was relieved of that fear when Karli came down sick also.

The kids came to Porterville and celebrated with us, hosting a family BBQ and showering us with presents and love. They created a beautiful memory book for us and treated us to a night in Pismo beach for the following week. We had a great time at the beach and of course Gary can't visit a beach without body surfing. One try was enough for him. It was pure rocks and it made for a pretty uncomfortable ride to shore.

A few more wrinkles and pounds and a little less hair this time around, but 30 years of fun, love and happiness. I've been so blessed to share my life with a wonderful man. I hope we're one of the lucky ones who get to share another 30 + years more together.

Happy Anniversary Rospo!

Ti Amo Un Sacco, Tweety

No comments:

Post a Comment