So here's how the morning goes down for Dad-
Wake up 5:45 am
Play Basketball until 7:15am
Race home
Turn on TV
Eat breakfast with Chuck Norris
Race to take a shower at 7:55 am
Leave for school at 8:00 am
Ever since Gary discovered that "Walker Texas Ranger" (otherwise known as the best TV show ever made) aired at 5am and that he could DVR it, it has become part of his morning ritual. This is what you'll see if you walk into our living room at 7:15 am MWF.
Notice the remote carefully placed near his trigger finger so that he can easily pause it to run and get his bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and make his lunch. He sits on the floor (without shirt) because he is all sweaty...thank you for not stinkin' up the couch, although I know I'm not gonna be sittin' on that patch of carpet anymore! :)
What better way to spend your morning than righting the wrongs of the world and kicking people's booties!
So it goes for good 'ole Cordell Walker. Notice the wistful look in his eyes...probably thinking "I wonder who I can beat the crap out of next?" or "how in the heck am I gonna come up with ANOTHER storyline for my show?
If you've followed Walker Texas Ranger at all over the years- you know that the first few years of the show he basically beat the crud out of the bad guys every week, but then as that grew old, he started to address all of the ills of society. You know gang violence, gang violence and more gang violence. In the end he saved many
an Hispanic/Indian/Asian/Puerto Rican/Irish kid from a life of crime.
Did I say Irish??? Yep I did- The other morning I walked into the living room just as the show was finishing. I asked Gary- so what ethnic gang wannabe did he save today? Gary answered in an Irish brogue, with an Irish jig playing in the background. Desperate for story lines? Ya think?
And how many times has Alex, his co-worker/girfriend/wife been kidnapped, tortured, beat up, shot, held for ransom, and yes even killed? I've lost count! She's like the energizer bunny--she just keeps on going!
And who can forget when Chuck Norris was really desperate for story lines and concocted a whole myriad of episodes about the Old West where he became his great, great grandfather, Hayes Cooper, the first Texas Ranger.
Howdy Pardner!
Here are some of the more amusing episode storylines:
I am NOT making these up- I don't think I could-
For more laughs check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Walker,_Texas_Ranger_episodes
*Prison escapees take some nuns hostage threatening to kill them along with Alex and her battered women's group if demands are not met.
(How many odd groups of people can they fit into one episode?)
*Walker poses as a peasant to track slave-labor smugglers in Mexico.
(Hola -me llamo es "your worst nightmare)")
*In another Hayes Cooper adventure, Mormons and their wagon train must be defended from outlaws.
*Walker poses as a peasant to track slave-labor smugglers in Mexico.
(Hola -me llamo es "your worst nightmare)")
*In another Hayes Cooper adventure, Mormons and their wagon train must be defended from outlaws.
(Hmm- maybe this guy isn't so bad after all)
*An Indian shaman transports Walker back to the 19th century to prevent a recurrence of a 20th century injustice
(We only wish that he had transported Walker out of the universe---FOREVER)
*The deaf daughter of an Elvis impersonator witnesses a murder, necessitating the Rangers' protection
(wouldn't you be grateful you were deaf if your Dad was an Elvis impersonator?)
*An ambulance bringing a liver to a young girl for transplant is hijacked by a group of bank robbers
(Hmm I wonder how often this happens?)
And my all time favorite:*Walker must fight to protect the reincarnation of a Buddhist monk.
(yes- no doubt that's a regular case for a Texas Ranger)
Yeah- it is easy to see why this is the greatest TV show of all time. Well -here's to Cordell Walker and all the other Texas Rangers...I know our mornings wouldn't be complete without them.
As you can tell, unfortunately I am just not that lucky...
Who loves ya, Chuckie? Gary does, that's who!



hehehehe!!! I love this! Great job with your presentation mom! You always know how to put a smile on my face! And you too Daddy! I love that you love Walker! Thanks for the laughs!
ReplyDelete