Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Surprise!

Valentine's Day started out with a BANG around here- literally!  Actually the evening before Valentines' Day- I sneaked into my closet to wrap a few Valentine gifts.  While I was in there- Gary startled me by opening the door and yelling, "What are you doing in there?"  My gut reaction was to push the door shut and in the process smacked Gary in the face with the door.  Oops-sorry! Um-- maybe not so much!

Gary was less than happy that I was wrapping a Valentine's gift for him.  "You're not supposed to do that!" he yelled.  "Why--you feeling guilty that you don't have anything for me?", I teased.  He said something about not getting gifts for one another- I reminded him that was our Christmas agreement not our Valentine's Day agreement.  So basically he was peeved that the pressure was on for him to get me something. Valentine's Day has never been his strong suit.

Valentine's Day started with heart shaped pancakes- a gift for Gary and Karli and later in the day some homemade bread from me.    Still nothing from Gary- and to tell you the truth- I really didn't expect anything- we had gone out to dinner on Saturday, since we knew we would be at a basketball game on Valentine's Day.  Didn't expect anything more.

So Tuesday evening- we were off to the game.  The rap music was blaring loudly just before the varsity game and then all of the sudden it changed to Tom Jones- "It's Not Unusual to be Loved by Anyone".  Weird choice of song for warm ups- I thought.  Then the cheerleaders made their way across the gym and headed up the bleachers in my direction, with roses in hand.  I thought- that's weird- I wonder who those roses are for- maybe they are being nice and they are giving a Valentine rose to some of the old ladies in the crowd.

Turns out the old lady was me!  They came right up to me and one by one kept handing me roses and then a huge Tweety Bird balloon!  I was stunned and looked up to see Gary smiling on the other side of the gym.  I blew him a kiss and knew that he got me!  Totally unexpected and totally surprised - that was me!

So maybe my  "unromantic" husband is a really a romantic after all!  
 Thanks for the best Valentine's Day surprise ever, Gary! 
 I love you!

1 comment:

  1. This story warmed my heart! Who knew dad had such great moves up his sleeve! I'm glad that the day went well for you all and that you got such a fun surprise! I love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete