It's Halloween and that means time for some ghostly, ghastly fun. I'm not a horror movie junkie by any means, but I do like to have a good scare around Halloween. "What Lies Beneath", " The Sixth Sense", "Poltergeist" were all pretty much watched through cupped hands. There's nothing like some spine chilling thrills in the comfort of your living room.
I have to admit- I'm not too fond of the slasher movies- just a little too gory for my taste. I even have to frequently turn my head during CSI--too much blood and guts. I think the best horror movies are the classics-- Karli and I watched "Wait until Dark" one October and when my kids were still fairly young, I rented "The Birds" and let them watch it one Halloween. Probably not the best idea. I remember that movie scared the pants off me when I was a kid. Why I thought it was a good idea to do the same thing to my kids- I can't explain. "Mr. Boogedy" haunted little Gary many a night. It was Disney after all- I rationalized.
One classic that I missed during my youth was "Psycho". I was well into my adult years before I saw it. I remember renting it and making Kristal watch it with me. (Before you turn me in to CPS- she WAS a teenager at the time) So when I saw this poster I knew it would be perfect for a Halloween post. You just can't watch Psycho and not do this on the next trip to the bathroom. In fact-- I think Kristal and Karli might do this routinely, even when they haven't watched Psycho.
Hope you have some spooky, scary fun this Halloween!
PS- What are your most "Horrific Halloween" movie favorites?
PSS- Best new show this TV season? GRIMM Smart, scary fun!
PSS- Best new show this TV season? GRIMM Smart, scary fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment