Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter!

Easter 2013 was spent at Gary's home in Menifee.  We were happy to be back to visit them and to be there for Reagan's first Easter.  Photos will be few- as somehow I managed to delete most of them from my camera.  So Gary- if you have some-please add them to this post.  I got these photos off your Dad's IPad.

On Saturday we went to the ward Easter Party.  The kids had so much fun on the
 playground with their little friends and they hunted for Easter eggs.

Saturday night we went to Riverside and ate at Farrell's, an old ice cream parlor restaurant!
They had one of these in Texas when I lived there, which I had fond memories of.  
It was a popular place- we waited an hour to get seated.  We all had wonderful
 icecream treats -except Papa who ordered something more sensible for dinner.
  Since Avery's birthday was just around the corner- she got a special sundae and
 they sang to her-complete with a big bass drum and gongs, sirens and the whole thing. 
 It was a big deal!  She loved it!   Lots of fun!


Easter morning the Easter bunny came and we went to church
 and then had an Easter dinner.

Papa and I got the kids chocolate Easter bunnies so I could teach them the song 
"I Got a Chocolate Rabbit"- tradition in the Miller home.  Didn't go so well. 
 They were more fixated on the melting chocolate on their hands than eating
 the ears off the bunny.  It really was kind of a mess!  Sorry about the carpet- Kelli!
 Maybe it will go over better next year!

Papa and Reagan getting a little Sunday nap in!

Even though we didn't get to spend Easter with them- this is what the cute Moberly kids
 looked like on their Easter morning!


We are so grateful for family.  What a wonderful time of year to celebrate and think
 of our dear Savior's atoning sacrifice for all mankind!  
Happy Easter- indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment