Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Well- if there is one thing that I am getting really good at - it is losing precious photos in cyberspace.  Yes- once gain I somehow deleted all my photos from our mini Family Reunion this year.  I think it's time to finally read the instruction book on how to download pictures.  It wasn't this complicated with my old camera.  Anyway- these pictures are courtesy of Gary and Kelli.  Thanks guys for rescuing me!  You'll notice the pictures are heavy on the side of Avery and Aiden.

When Marty and Sarah announced they were going to come to CA for a short visit over Fourth of July- everyone else decided to come too.  How popular are they?  I took advantage of it to plan a mini family reunion- something I was hoping to do in August- but could  see that wasn't going to happen with everyone's busy schedules... so we did the best we could with the time we had together. 

Marty and Sarah  and Gary and Kelli's family arrived July 3.  Kristal and Ryan were able to make it for July 5-6.  We started our July 4th out with the annual P3 Ward Breakfast- which we were late to- thanks to me.  But fortunately there were a few pancakes and sausage left.  We stayed to help with clean up.  These two kiddos were thrilled to help Papa with the vacuuming.  I'm not sure they had ever seen such a BIG vacuum cleaner before.

Here is my proof that Marty and Sarah were actually here.
 The only two photos I have of them. 
 I promise I did take more- but yeah- you already heard- they got lost. 
I tried to plan some fun activities while everyone was here- most of which I don't have
 pictures of, but we did get some photos of doing "treasure rocks" with Avery and Aiden. 
 I had already done these with the Moberly kids awhile ago. 
 Rocks made of baking soda stuffed with mini treasure and coins.
  Drop them in vinegar and POOF- an explosion of prizes!
There was lots of swimming
 Reagan got to swim for the first time!
She looks excited!
Here she goes!
Hmm- maybe not as impressive as she was hoping!

The many faces of Aiden!

Time for fireworks!

Reagan is not impresssed-

but just wait until she sees these!
Whoo- Hoo!
Happy Fourth of July!

The next day- Kristal and Ryan's family came and there was more swimming!

and the old favorite- the toothpick game

More fun activities included a Funny Face Family Bingo game with prizes,
Glow in the Dark Bowling, and Bubble Sock Blowers 
(which got pretty much overlooked when swimming was an option), 
and some favorite family games, Thimble Full of Water--
Buzz Wordand Catch Phrase for the grown-ups.

We had another mini fireworks show on July 5, when Kristal's kids were here.
  We lit sparklers- even though we really weren't supposed to light
 them after midnight on July 4. 
 What can I say- we are a bunch of rebels!

Kristal and Ryan's kids (who are avid Harry Potter fans) thought they made the
 coolest wands they had ever seen!    Expelliaramus!   Incendio!
We were very glad the last spell didn't work!  Look that one up, Harry Potter fans!  :)

Now here is an amazing picture- in that we got it without 
them lighting each others hair on fire! 
   Happy Birthday America!!
and a very fun and happy Miller Family Reunion 2013!
Thanks for coming everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment