Monday, May 18, 2009

The Boys Are Back!

The Boys are back from college! Woo-Hoo! We have some noise in the house once again! To the casual observer on the street, the only clue that our family size has increased might be the addition of this vehicle in the garage



BUT if you'll come inside there are subtle clues just about everywhere that indeed the boys are back


COME ON IN

First subtle clue:


Somehow the towel in the guest bathroom mysteriously appears crumpled up on the counter multiple times a day, even though as you can see the towel rack is just inches away. Could it be because the boys are back???

Subtle clue #2:


An EXPLOSION of groceries appearing in our refrigerator and cupboards!

Subtle Clue #3


2% milk makes a reappearance in our fridge. Marty calls our regular fare of nonfat milk- that disgusting white water!

Subtle Clue #4


The wet towels on the floor are back-
as well as quite a collection of them on the bathroom floor



Subtle Clue #5

The growing collection of shoes placed right outside the garage door. Notice how they are strategically placed so if you open the door to go into the gargage you will trip! This little surprise is usually left for good 'ole Mom.

Subtle Clue #6
The unmade beds!

Subtle Clue #7

A very full laundry chute

Subtle clue #8


The ironing board often left out. I can't even remember the last time I ironed something, but Michael for some reason has a strange obsession with ironing his T shirts. I know weird, huh?

Subtle Clue #9

The once clean-- now cluttered bathroom counter. Hey there's a crumpled towel here too...at least they're consistent!

And finally the Subtlest clue of all #10
Drum Roll please--


MESSY ROOMS!
The photo above is Michael's room...now compare it to Marty's room in the photos below:


Has there ever been such a perfect visual depiction of messy--I bet not
Oh but wait- there's more-


Hard to believe isn't it...this is really how it looks despite repeated pleas and threats to clean it up. Am I trying to shame him by posting pictures of his pigsty on the blog?...well maybe. Do I think it will motivate him to clean up?...doubt it.

Well- as you can see the clues do add up...
Ya- I think "THE BOYS ARE BACK"
and in spite of my "complaints"
I really am THRILLED to have them back!
WELCOME HOME GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment