The day had finally come! The day we said our goodbyes and dropped our sweet baby girl off at the Missionary Training Center in Provo. She was to report at 1 pm. I don't think any of us slept very well and we woke early, showered, and finished packing. So what did Karli do with the bit of spare time she had? Challenged her Dad into one last game of Sequence. Her last attempt to win him before she left for 18 months. She definitely gets her sense of competition from her Dad and although she has won him other times, this time she did not. She was not happy about that!
While Sarah and Marty were at work, we met up with Michael, who had a break
between classes for a late breakfast. Neither Karli or I ate much- think we
wereboth a little nervous. Michael had a class at noon, so he said his
goodbyes to Karli outside the restaurant.
between classes for a late breakfast. Neither Karli or I ate much- think we
wereboth a little nervous. Michael had a class at noon, so he said his
goodbyes to Karli outside the restaurant.
The tears flowed.
We went to go pick up Marty, who had taken the afternoon off work, so he could come to the MTC with us. We went to go get some photos outside the temple and MTC.
I was dismayed to see that they had taken down the "Missionary Training Center" sign on the entry way wall. Shrubs were planted in front of the wall and it was taped off with yellow tape. BUMMER! I have a picture of each of our missionaries in front of that sign- it's tradition! They must have stepped up security to the MTC because there is an entry booth that you must drive through to enter into the facility. When I asked the volunteer guide if we could walk down and take a photo in front of the MTC entrance the answer was -
"Sorry- no". So this boring fence is all we had as a back drop for our photos.
We took our photos- headed back to Marty's place to pick up Karli's luggage. Karli wanted to say her goodbyes there at Marty's place- so there wouldn't be a scene at the MTC. I told her "fine, but if you think I'm not going to cry there- you're crazy!" And of course- mother is always right! We were directed to spot #6 on the curb, where a host of missionaries were waiting and waving to us. One elder greeted us- got Karli's luggage out and waited for us to say our goodbyes- which was not an easy thing for me.
Karli did much better than me- she held it together. I am an "ugly" crier.
So hard to say goodbye to this sweet girl. How we will miss her!
Gary teased me that I would be grabbing on her skirt as she walked away-
trying to make her stay!
So for fun I did just that, so he could get a photo.
The poor elder helping her was patient with our photo taking.
trying to make her stay!
So for fun I did just that, so he could get a photo.
The poor elder helping her was patient with our photo taking.
It was so crowded- we didn't have much opportunity to get many more pictures of her.
There she goes-
I later found out that 216 sisters entered the MTC that day. We certainly saw more sisters being dropped off than elders. Can't believe all the missionaries flooding the earth!
God's work is truly rolling forth and our baby girl is part of it.
God's work is truly rolling forth and our baby girl is part of it.
See you in 18 months Hermana Miller!










No comments:
Post a Comment